When Govinda gave in to his wife's demand


It took Govinda's wife Sunita Ahuja to convince the actor to sign up Mani Ratnam's Raavan. When Mani approached Govinda to play a role -- inspired by the character of Hanuman from Ramayan -- he was indecisive whether to take it up or not because it was a small cameo.

"I love and respect Mani Ratnam. But when I got the offer, I saw it was a small cameo. I couldn't really make up my mind whether I should sign the film that has me in only four scenes. I had movies up my sleeve in which I had chunky roles. But I was thinking hard as I didn't want to let go of Mani Ratnam. I was dying to work with him," Govinda said.

He added, "My wife Sunita convinced me to do the movie. She felt doing the film was important because it starred Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya and she adores both of them. Thus I gave in to her demand. But I'm happy that I have given my best. Mani has increased my scenes in the film. Reports saying that Mani has chopped off my character because I reached the sets late are completely false."

Govinda also confirmed reports about the film being inspired by Ramayan. "Characters in the movie have traits similar to that of people in Ramayan. My role is inspired by Hanuman who helps Ram bring back Sita. I'm sure they are going to represent Hanuman like the way he was or else they might land up offending many Hanuman bhakts," he said.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment